Tuesday, April 2, 2024

On Longing



"The body is the primary mode of piercing scale." On Longing by Susan Stewart

This was my first trip to New York along with my brother, who is in the photo, and my Dad, who took the photo. Everything in New York just seemed so much bigger, including this fountain we found.



"The souvenir speaks to a context of origin through a language of longing." On Longing by Susan Stewart

I felt like my pose and expression can be described as "longing." I do really miss visiting this location and wish I could go back to it as often as I used to. 



"The souvenir reduces the public, the monumental, and the three-dimensional into the miniature, that which can be enveloped by the body." On Longing by Susan Stewart

These were keychains that I bought from my first convention. I remember walking into the convention and seeing people who had the same interests that I had and enjoyed the same things I did. These are always a nice reminder of not only the things I enjoy, but the events where I can meet people who I share interests with.



"The souvenir is used most often to evoke a voluntary memory of childhood." On Longing by Susan Stewart

This is me sitting on one of the tree logs in front of the ocean. This evokes the memories of the fun times I had camping when I was younger, specifically exploring this part of the beach. As well as climbing the trees and also swimming in the ocean.



"The place of origin must remain unavailable in order for desire to be generated." On Longing by Susan Stewart

This is a picture of me on the beach full of tree branches and this really shows how many trees there actually were. I no longer have access to this area and location due to it being in another state and I do not have any plans to go back any time soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Attraction

  Top Attraction Foam Board, Wooden Skewers, Hot Glue, String 28" x 20" This sculpture is inspired by the construction of a carous...